Search the forum,

Discuss General question on CH system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andy44

Today I sat and watched how the boiler operates and I have this question.
If the burner is very strong then it will switch itself off by its own thermostat even though the CH and HW are still on.
If the burner is not strong enough it will not be able to provide enough heat to the whole system.
Would it matter if we install a very strong burner so that it switches itself off frequently and spends half its time being off (even though both the CH/HW are on) ? Or would it be more gas efficient for the burner to be smaller and stay on all the time ?

You can not do unauthorised modifications to a gas appliance and you must be competent and GSR registered to do this work.

Andy,

Please watch the washing machine go around instead, stay away from the boiler, please.

His question is "is it better to have a bigger boiler or smaller boiler" dont need to be gas safe for that!!!

Problem is that it aint that simple

thread closed !!!!!!

please discuss topic with your gas safe registered installer directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to General question on CH system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and...
Replies
Views
A (if) CH system has a very high head loss due to improperly sized pipework and long runs and possibly partially blocked pipes and requires a UPS2...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock