Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Geberit bath waste - what pipe in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. LEH

LEH New Member

Hi, has anyone fitted one of these Geberit bath wastes before?

Geberit Bath Pop up Waste and Overflow : UK Bathrooms

I'm reading the installation instructions and it says "PVC push fit required - do not solvent weld"

I'll be having 40mm solvent weld piping running round to the bath - am I right in thinking that I just push it into the waste adapter on the waste (which is apparently 43mm, which matches the external diameter of 40mm solvent weld waste?), and don't solvent weld (because the adapter is made of PE)?

Instructions are here if anyone can shed light. Cheers:

https://catalog.geberit.com/File_Container/Documents/Instructions/W_997.164.00.0_00.pdf

2. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Really good quality wastes, those are.

Just use a multifit 40mm socket,or elbow. This will transition you to push fit, or solvent weld

3. LEH

LEH New Member

OK - something like this?

McAlpine T28M Straight Connector White 40mm x 40mm

Is that going to screw onto the trap directly? I get that it's compression on to whatever waste pipe you're fitting it too but not quite seeing how it fits to the waste?

4. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

That's it. Will convert to whatever you have