Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas Usage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

U

Unregistered

Hi all,

After a boiler 'service' this year, the boiler soon stopped igniting immediately after it was switched on, and would usually take about a minute or so to fire up. For various reasons I was unable to get this fixed, so I just let the boiler take its time to ignite when I needed hot water. If anything, I used less hot water, much less often as a consequence. Could anyone tell me if this ignition problem, would cause the boiler to use up to 4 or more times the normal amount of gas?

My feeling is, that the ridiculously large bills I've had are more likely to be due to problems (all of which I won't go into here) other than the actual consumption of gas. But then I'm not an expert on how inefficient a gas boiler could possibly be, in terms of its consumption. It could be useful for me to have a few knowledgeable and independent opinions on this before I start seriously protesting to the supplier.

Many thanks for your help.

Miffed Gas User

Reply to Gas Usage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock