Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Theory in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
On looking into gas courses, it appears the beginning few weeks is all theory.

Does anyone know if this is available to do as a home study course?

I don't want to do another fast track course and I'd rather take my time but would prefer to do home study for the theory so I can study while working.

Cheers

You'll find very little gas theory on the internet or in any books.

Most of my theory books I got whilst I was training and have collected a few more over the years.

The best thing to do is to wait until you're signed up and sitting in a classroom until you start reading theory books and how to do things.

Being one step ahead of other people in a classroom isn't necessarily a good thing.

You'll find very little gas theory on the internet or in any books.

Most of my theory books I got whilst I was training and have collected a few more over the years.

The best thing to do is to wait until you're signed up and sitting in a classroom until you start reading theory books and how to do things.

Being one step ahead of other people in a classroom isn't necessarily a good thing.

Okie dokes. Cheers mate ;)

On looking into gas courses, it appears the beginning few weeks is all theory.

Does anyone know if this is available to do as a home study course?

I don't want to do another fast track course and I'd rather take my time but would prefer to do home study for the theory so I can study while working.

Cheers

how old are you , there's a place in Essex that you can do on sat , takes a year to complete

how old are you , there's a place in Essex that you can do on sat , takes a year to complete

I'm 37. The reason I asked about home study was to keep the costs down. I'm assuming this place costs a bit?

My gas training was a mixture of practical and theory right from the beginning but i did a fast track course

My gas training was a mixture of practical and theory right from the beginning but i did a fast track course

Yeah I don't want to do gas as a fast track. I've decided to wait now anyway. I'm gonna stick with plumbing for a while and get some experience behind me before I start tackling gas as well. Plus I'm doing a fast track Part P/17th course from next week.. My brain can only take so much in in one short burst before it becomes counterproductive ;)

Yeah I don't want to do gas as a fast track. I've decided to wait now anyway. I'm gonna stick with plumbing for a while and get some experience behind me before I start tackling gas as well. Plus I'm doing a fast track Part P/17th course from next week.. My brain can only take so much in in one short burst before it becomes counterproductive ;)

Mpower , Waltham abbey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Theory in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock