Discuss Gas Smell? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrsSurfchick

I'm new to this, so go easy on me!

Recently purchased house that needs full refurb. Ever since we moved in, there has been an intermittent smell of gas. I had British Gas come round to do a safety check on the boiler and although it was deemed as unsafe, it was not emitting any harmful gases. ( New boiler on order awaiting installation!)

There is a pipe in a cupboard in the kitchen that I believe may have been connected to a washing machine in the past. This is where I believe the smell may be coming from. A plumber popped round to quote us for the new boiler and briefly mentioned that we should poor water down this pipe to keep the water fresh? I would rather do something more permanent having just read up on Sewer Gas - as worried it may be this?

Any ideas or thoughts would be really appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Are you not having a washing machine?

Cheap fix,
Tape a plastic bag over it.
Permanent fix, buy a plastic cap to close it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Smell? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock