Currently reading:
Gas Service Reminders

Discuss Gas Service Reminders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all,

I believe it's received wisdom that it's much easier (and cheaper) to retain a customer than to find a new one. That's why I try hard to keep all my gas customers. Every year I send out an email and text message reminding them of their annual service. But it doesn't work. I was wondering if anyone has a better method of reminding/persuading customers to have their appliances serviced.

Jock

The email needs to be followed by a phone call. But it is hard work, and the fear of rejection factor kicks in. I use to "pencil in" a date for the following year, it invariably got changed, but the phone call could start with an affirmative " we arranged last year that....".

I earned a lot of money on servicing so it was worth it.

an email, or in my day a postcard (which I had printed up), just made that phone call a little bit less of a surprise, and therefore more comfortable. as years went on, the difficulty became that if the punter did not recognise the number, they were immediately on the defensive, expecting a PPI/accident call. So the initial email needs to be carefully worded.

As an aside, when I first had a shop, I paid for a very re-memorable number. But that was a landline, and I don't know if that is available for mobiles, which are now, generally, much cheaper to phone from.

How about, when emailing, telling them to expect a call, and to add the number to their directory?

Reply to Gas Service Reminders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back