Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Safe Tech Suoport Officer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alter ego

I have an interview for the above job.
Does anyone know:

The wages!
Anyone doing it - are they happy?
It is a 90 minute interview - which sounds hard work - anyone been through it?
It can be home based - do they supply internet etc?

I know I should phone and ask the contact for these details, but I am never sure how that comes over.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Think its commision based for how many straight answers you give out.

So maybe OTE may be hard to achieve [emoji12]

90 minutes to lear how to say 'use your judgement' ? lol

reg man used be work for them, not been on for a while though!

Think its commision based for how many straight answers you give out.

So maybe OTE may be hard to achieve [emoji12]

I have no idea what the OTE is. I don't really want to attend an interview if the wages are really poor. On the other hand, I'm fed up with all the SE paperwork and grief. Maybe I'm meant to engineer a judgement:wink_smile:

That job would do my head in, I struggle to deal with people who are clearly stupid and in the wrong job.

I cant imagine some of the silly stupid phone calls they receive every day.

Obviously there get out is to send a link to the relevant regs/ tech buletin ect, so yes I am sure they will pay youre broadband.

I presume they run a sweep stake every week to bump,up their money. Most amount of stupid questions wins.

( above comments based on the majority of questions asked on the facebook page ) !!!

That job would do my head in, I struggle to deal with people who are clearly stupid and in the wrong job.

I cant imagine some of the silly stupid phone calls they receive every day.

Obviously there get out is to send a link to the relevant regs/ tech buletin ect, so yes I am sure they will pay youre broadband.

I presume they run a sweep stake every week to bump,up their money. Most amount of stupid questions wins.

( above comments based on the majority of questions asked on the facebook page ) !!!

Give us non Facebook people some examples Kev please??

Personally.. perhaps this is just me, but I haven't memorized the entire ''gas safety, installation & use regs''

So I do occasionally like to get my ÂŁ182.40 per year inc vat.. moneys worth via the handy tech support line.

Personally.. perhaps this is just me, but I haven't memorized the entire ''gas safety, installation & use regs''

So I do occasionally like to get my ÂŁ182.40 per year inc vat.. moneys worth via the handy tech support line.

Sometimes, if I'm reeeeally bored sitting in the van waiting for gear to turn up, I'll ring up and ask the most obscure question I can think of. Just coz I can.

Sometimes, if I'm reeeeally bored sitting in the van waiting for gear to turn up, I'll ring up and ask the most obscure question I can think of. Just coz I can.

Don't you just get the generic line....your the engineer on the ground and it's down to your judgement!

I gave up phoning gas safe a few years back. Never got a straight answer always up to my judgement. I was tempted to phone up with a simple question just to see what the answer was.

Sick pay?!?! I never got that with any company I worked for. Only statutory which may of not bothered!

I remember it well, took a lunch break one time.. fell asleep till 3pm.. hours work then back on the yard by 4:30... home james

Sick pays a pipe dream these days. I did go to the yard this morning to collect some bits from the stores. New core bits, long sds bits, spade bits, solder, flux, gas, heat mats. I do like that part of it!

Kirk does it. The wages are decent afaik.
Easier than working for a living if you can put up with the numpty calls.

I have an interview for the above job.
Does anyone know:

The wages!
Anyone doing it - are they happy?
It is a 90 minute interview - which sounds hard work - anyone been through it?
It can be home based - do they supply internet etc?

I know I should phone and ask the contact for these details, but I am never sure how that comes over.

Cheers

You have to be able to spell support, don't bother turning up for the interview, you have failed,

It's never a grey area, it's just hard for some people to get their head round a fact, especially when two are arguing and the one who phones in is wrong haha

I don't think it's appropriate for me to make too many comments on this, what I will say is I do the job, I love doing it, I love working from home, I love having an hour for my lunch (it isn't paid, don't think anyone gets paid for lunch)
What I will say is the job won't suit everyone, and you can be home based or work from Basingstoke office, all equipment, Internet and phone line are supplied.

I don't think it's appropriate for me to make too many comments on this, what I will say is I do the job, I love doing it, I love working from home, I love having an hour for my lunch (it isn't paid, don't think anyone gets paid for lunch)
What I will say is the job won't suit everyone, and you can be home based or work from Basingstoke office, all equipment, Internet and phone line are supplied.

Glad you're enjoying it mate. Long may it continue.

I bet you ask
"Why has NCS gone away" or "I'm doing a cp12 Theres no CO alarm, what will I do"

It's never a grey area, it's just hard for some people to get their head round a fact, especially when two are arguing and the one who phones in is wrong haha

Humour me for a minute if you will kirk, what's the correct separation distance between two vertical selkirk roof terminals one a gas fire & one a oil rayburn?

You have to be able to spell support, don't bother turning up for the interview, you have failed,

I can type pretty quickly, and can spell really well :20:. Actually, I type away, mis-hitting (?) keys, then go back and edit. I spotted the title error, it did strike me as a minor irony, but cannot see anyway to edit it.

Kirk, you may not wish to answer this, even by PM, but is the salary okay? Is it performance related in any way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe Tech Suoport Officer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock