Discuss Gas safe membership in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave1

My acs is due for renewal later this year, I'm currently employed and under the companies gas safe registration. I'd like to register myself so I can do my own work but someone said if I paid the application fee £362 and web registration renewal fee £152 I'd have to pay again in a couple of months when I resist my acs.
Is this correct? And do I have to pay £362 and £152 or does the application fee inc first years registration?

£362 is a one off registration fee but the £152 is paid annually. If you ACS runs out mid way through then yes I believe you would have to pay the £152 again.

£362 is a one off registration fee but the £152 is paid annually. If you ACS runs out mid way through then yes I believe you would have to pay the £152 again.

Thanks mate, what a rip off, not really worth me starting up then until I resit my acs?

First year will be insane!!!
1st year cost... Van £5000, acs £1000, gas safe registration and annual subscription £600, analyser £500, public liability£250, van insurance£500.
That's the basics no extra tools advertising etc. (costs are approx)

Sounds stupid but one thing that amazes me still is how much quality screws and plugs cost!!

also remember to get your gaffas permission in writting to work for yourself alongside your employed job. If you dont you can be dismissed with no comeback at anytime for "competing for work"

The plan was to go as a subby when I get a van pli etc, whilst building up my own work.
It's difficult to combine both whilst working 8-5 in a tracked Van, means have to go home first before doing anything and car sharing with the other half.

As long as you don't let your ACS lapse then you won't have to pay again. It's only if you let it lapse even by a day that you would have to re apply for it.

Your initial cost will include initial registration and first year.

First year will be insane!!!
1st year cost... Van £5000, acs £1000, gas safe registration and annual subscription £600, analyser £500, public liability£250, van insurance£500.
That's the basics no extra tools advertising etc. (costs are approx)

I reckon my first year has cost me around £24000-£28000 in total with new tools, van, gas safe, oftec, pli, advertising retraining etc. and I only spent £2000 on a van ( I have paid for it since though £500 to repair an oil leak £600 to get through mot and £850 to repair a faulty fuel pump!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safe membership in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for a commercial gas engineer to assist with servicing, callouts etc. work is mostly london based but also have sites in kent/essex...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock