Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas safe inspection? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. I only registered my own gas safe 3 weeks ago and I've already got a date for an inspection, even though I haven't done any gas work as yet. Is this normal practice?

It seems to be...
Simply call them and explain or get handy with a couple of relatives boilers and use them for a service...
It always helps if they arent ID or AR lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol i did call them and explain that I didn't have any gas jobs booked in as I haven't purchased my analyser yet and the girl said its fine. The guy will still visit and do a written assessment of some sort?

Have you got any gas appliances in your own home? Just use those instead.

show them a nice tool box with all your gas appliance service parts, ie earth leads x 2, gas ptfe, gas lever position tape, id/ar cards now changed of course, service pads etc, smoke pellets n matches, manometer, fga n ticket when it comes, ie what they sell as a start up kit fm BES, that helps a lot with most inspectors, or it did with mine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas safe inspection? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've got a testo 327-1 that I purchased back in 2019 when I went self employed. The analyser hasn't been calibrated since purchase. After...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi. just had my probationary inspection. Most of the inspection went ok, apart from when the inspector asked me questions about gas fires and gas...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock