Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss gas safe inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
well the day has arrived , gas safes inspection tomorrow, first one ever!! any tips?

Be socially awkward, make really un funny comments and remarks leave your u gauge and analyser at home other then that I think you'll be fine

Last edited:
be yourself,i talked to my old inspector on the phone today in tech,really nice guy,he asked how everyone in my family was,there there to help,as long as you know your stuff,nothing to fear just make sure your up on pipe sizing and gas rates

tell him you cant find any customers available. tell him you have to do yours at home.
stick kettle on and get biscuits out.
let him ramble on and nod when required but mostly listen and smile...sorted!

twas last summer my last inspection had three appliances at property .
boiler went fine , cooker went fine but fire was a disaster.

Went completely blank followed by mild panic attack burst out in a sweat big time.
Got all fingers and thumbs getting fire out , dropped coals all over the place , nearly forgot about spillage test only when he said have you forgot something lol .

However i did have an ace ip my sleeve he's my best buds dads best mate so done quick name drop got the pressure off s bit.

He did ask alot of fire questions tho because of it however still wasnt to bad

Went completely blank followed by mild panic attack burst out in a sweat big time.
Got all fingers and thumbs getting fire out , dropped coals all over the place , nearly forgot about spillage test only when he said have you forgot something lol .

However i did have an ace ip my sleeve he's my best buds dads best mate so done quick name drop got the pressure off s bit.

Thats nothing, I had to get the gas supplier out and do another two visits after fitting a 40CDI and then kitchen fitters fitted a huge range cooker without checking gas rate. Custard had to upsize incomming main.......#aukward.....lucky my gas safe inspector understood the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Who was that with Hammers ? Ted ? Great bloke, real old school. Due to retire soon apparently. Hope we don't get some jumped up jobsworth :/

Who was that with Hammers ? Ted ? Great bloke, real old school. Due to retire soon apparently. Hope we don't get some jumped up jobsworth :/

was john

said he's counting down the days now , thats thee issue could end up with anyone after him

Sorry, Yes, I did mean John. Ted is his twin brother who used to work at the college.
I always get those two confused. They both used to work for BG for years,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas safe inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as...
Replies
Views
Full disclosure, I am an Electrician. One of my older clients has just had her fire capped off because it doesn't comply with today's regs and...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning All. We have a gas safe inspection coming up. It's the first one we've had since I started working at the company and my predecessor...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock