Discuss Gas Safe Engineer doing a foreigner - what should I ask? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Yes but you can't turn up at someone's house and show them your acs certificates can you. You have to be registered to legally work as a business, but it also shows your customers you are competent to work on gas.

Yes I get that as well. Businesses whether self employed or not carrying out gas fitting work for financial reward or gain (which is what he’s doing) must be a member of an approved class of persons - currently gas safe.

So I’m not sure I get your argument we are in agreement that in this case the bloke can’t do the job and that was the question. I’m sick of the competent grey area

So I’m not sure I get your argument we are in agreement that in this case the bloke can’t do the job and that was the question. I’m sick of the competent grey area

It’s not an argument, just quoting what is in gsiur. We agree on the fact that the bloke can’t do the job because he’s earning money from it without his own registration yes. However I don’t have my own gas safe registration, I work for a company who is registered, yet if I leave it doesn’t make me incompetent.

But again I don’t disagree with you mate??? I’d hope you wouldn’t carry out work without your own card though

I think the most important thing apart from actually being competent, is proof of competence and a gas safe registration does that, in theory at least and legally speaking that is enough.

Its all about insurance and warranty's
We have the same issues over here.

You can work for a company as a registered plumber and you are covered by their insurance.
You work for yourself, you have to have insurance for the work that you do.

Plenty of registered Plumbers have come unstuck performing work they are covered for working for a Boss, but not covered for working for themselves on the side.

Home owners aren't going to hush up if there is an insurance claim, or warranty claim, on their property regarding work done by a non insured plumber. They will fess up to who did the work and sue him / her for costs of repairs.

Its all about insurance and warranty's
We have the same issues over here.

You can work for a company as a registered plumber and you are covered by their insurance.
You work for yourself, you have to have insurance for the work that you do.

Plenty of registered Plumbers have come unstuck performing work they are covered for working for a Boss, but not covered for working for themselves on the side.

Home owners aren't going to hush up if there is an insurance claim, or warranty claim, on their property regarding work done by a non insured plumber. They will fess up to who did the work and sue him / her for costs of repairs.

Problem is pay cash no receipts etc no proof they have worked in your property then then case to sue them.

Reply to Gas Safe Engineer doing a foreigner - what should I ask? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock