Discuss Gas Safe Engineer doing a foreigner - what should I ask? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

which law exactly? The Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 state that you must be a competent person to work on gas appliances. The Gas Safe Register is not mentioned in any UK legislation, being on the register is a good way to prove that you are a competent person.

And in the eyes of the law being gas safe registered is the only acceptable proof that you are deemed a competent person.

I thought it was your acs that deemed you competent and Gas safe allows you to work for remuneration?
Yes but you can't turn up at someone's house and show them your acs certificates can you. You have to be registered to legally work as a business, but it also shows your customers you are competent to work on gas.

It’s somantics though under current rules this engineer doesn’t meet the required criteria in order to install a boiler under his own name

Yes mate I get that, but under gsiur you are allowed to be competent, and not be a member of an approved of an approved class of persons (currently gas safe) if working without financial reward or gain. He should indeed have his own gas safe registration to carry out this job as he’s quoted for it.

Reply to Gas Safe Engineer doing a foreigner - what should I ask? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock