Discuss Gas Safe Engineer doing a foreigner - what should I ask? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

in this case i think you are correct, but i don't really understand how someone else can be a competent person then when they leave work suddenly they become incompetent.

In the eyes of the law to be deemed competent you must have a gas safe registration for the work you are carrying out. You are deemed incompetent if you do not have it. If you have it through work but do private jobs without then they will assume that you know you must be registered to work on it and then punish you more for it.

It doesnt matter if you are competent or not if you are not registered then you shouldn't be working on gas.

Not entirely true. If your doing favours for family or friends and aren't making profit on the work, then you don't need to be registered to legally work on gas.

This isn't about doing an unpaid job for friends or family though. I also dont see how your going to prove you weren't getting paid for it. I have heard the taxman says you owe us this and you have to prove them otherwise obviously with no receipts etc no proof of how much work you have done and I can see gas safe being the same. Obviously they wont do anything just make you join so they can take £200 a year off you.

And again it’s daft how easily this problem could be made to go away by having a clear line. If you don’t have a Gas safe card you cannot work on gas simple. None of this competence rubbish that is open to misinterpretation and abuse

And again it’s daft how easily this problem could be made to go away by having a clear line. If you don’t have a Gas safe card you cannot work on gas simple. None of this competence rubbish that is open to misinterpretation and abuse

I think they should remove people for a year or 2 for working outside of their registration first time and if they do it again then remove permanently. Gas safe have the teeth of a slug and people know that.

Installer: Oh I've got caught I will pay the £500 registration fee then.
Gas safe: oh thank you your good to go.

Reply to Gas Safe Engineer doing a foreigner - what should I ask? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock