Discuss Gas Safe Engineer doing a foreigner - what should I ask? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Because it’s the law.
Your level of Qualifications, Experience and Training doesn't change.
Liability for the work done is the issue.

I am nit arguing the point of the post, in that there are inherent risks in employing someone doing PJ's, but I don't see how your QUALIFICATIONS vary day to day. As opposed to memberships of trade bodies etc.

I am nit arguing the point of the post, in that there are inherent risks in employing someone doing PJ's, but I don't see how your QUALIFICATIONS vary day to day. As opposed to memberships of trade bodies etc.

If it’s not your reg your not licensed to do gas work outside company time

Hi Everyone, thanks so much for all the great information.

It is pretty much how I thought things should work.

It seems that he would be legitimate if:

1) He is Gas Safe registered in his own name (I need to see and check his ID for this!)
2) He provides an invoice for the work in his own name.
3) He registers the boiler (How would I check this?).

As I said in the OP, I have already told my Step mother that I would not recommend using someone doing a foreigner but I wanted to make sure I was not discounting a perfectly legitimate tradesman who is legally allowed to do the work on his own time just because it sounded dodgy. Now I have the facts.

(3) ask him for proof of registration normally the boiler manufacture emails you saying its reg

also building control registration proof

also if its a combi boiler hows he going to do the boiler plus requirement

Reply to Gas Safe Engineer doing a foreigner - what should I ask? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock