Search the forum,

Discuss Gas related question - is that still ok ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what's written in my logic book

work it out then i come up with 351 m3/h on a 35 kw boiler for 0.095 :D

for 0.00995 i get 3.51 m3/h which is about right

work it out then i come up with 351 m3/h on a 35 kw boiler for 0.095 :D

for 0.00995 i get 3.51 m3/h which is about right

I don't want to discuss you may be right but that's what I have got in my logic book

image.jpg

What's the arrangement on these jobs Matchless?? Are you just giving him the work and the customer pays him directly or are you subcontracting him in for the gas work (nothing illegal about that). If it's the latter, in law you are responsible as well if he leaves any defects so be very careful.

I went to another gas fitter about half way through my portfolio after it became clear the one training me was, shall we say, not very knowledgeable.

I haven't bothered to do the pipe sizing calculations but what I will say is the tables are quite conservative already. As long as the figures come within the allowable values in the table it should be fine. Clearly there are other issues with this guy too, I'd be tightness testing pipework on completion of any boiler installation.

What's the arrangement on these jobs Matchless?? Are you just giving him the work and the customer pays him directly or are you subcontracting him in for the gas work (nothing illegal about that). If it's the latter, in law you are responsible as well if he leaves any defects so be very careful.

I went to another gas fitter about half way through my portfolio after it became clear the one training me was, shall we say, not very knowledgeable.

I haven't bothered to do the pipe sizing calculations but what I will say is the tables are quite conservative already. As long as the figures come within the allowable values in the table it should be fine. Clearly there are other issues with this guy too, I'd be tightness testing pipework on completion of any boiler installation.
Hi cr0ft,

Basically the job is from me and we are doing together the full central heating and 1st and second fix bathroom. He is definitely responsible for the gas works as he holds the license. However, I do understand what you mean and therefore I am quite careful in regards the jobs now. I definitely have to watch him more than I thought and will need to get another engineer for the next jobs. It is pretty hard to find the right person to work with. Somehow everyone takes a Sod or just tries to screw me over with money. I am just willing to find someone who is honest and reliable and trustworthy. I should be learning from someone who is gas safe and not me telling him things like the fire places that the stones have to be checked if they have the right order otherwise it could produce carbon monoxide.

Somehow he doesn't take me really serious as person just because he is very knowledgeable.

Now, I think I have to change things again and need to look for someone else's. Thanks for your advise too is much appreciated!

Yes. Remember that the GSR members on here (and of course the plumbers too) who are willing to give their time to help folk are generally the better ones. You're obviously learning now that just because someone is qualified doesn't mean they do the job properly. Unfortunately some people chase the money rather than chasing quality and the money following. The ones who chase money always fall flat on their faces.

The silly thing here is if the gas pipe needs upgrading he could make some more money from doing it!

You have a good attitude and personally I think you will go far in this trade. Where are you doing your Gas training again? Does the trainer there still run his own business? Mine did and I ended up going out with him for free to get qualified. Wouldn't take that long and might be a better way.

I honestly appreciate
Yes. Remember that the GSR members on here (and of course the plumbers too) who are willing to give their time to help folk are generally the better ones. You're obviously learning now that just because someone is qualified doesn't mean they do the job properly. Unfortunately some people chase the money rather than chasing quality and the money following. The ones who chase money always fall flat on their faces.

The silly thing here is if the gas pipe needs upgrading he could make some more money from doing it!

You have a good attitude and personally I think you will go far in this trade. Where are you doing your Gas training again? Does the trainer there still run his own business? Mine did and I ended up going out with him for free to get qualified. Wouldn't take that long and might be a better way.

I honestly appreciate the help of everyone on this forum. Even though some people have different solutions and opinions. But I think that's important it would be boring if everyone of us does the same.
I already invested too much money for the first course which I lost and therefore take it very serious. I do not have time to waste for the courses so I want to pass with the first attempt. My academy called " alpha building services" they are always fully booked and doing ok. The tutor I've got stopped working now but I have got a chance of calling some of their engineers to finish my portfolio which is very good.

I hope you are right, in terms of I'm going far in this trade :) ... I am pretty sure I'll one day that's the final aim though :)

But as you said it's a lot to learn and I am aware of that. I learn everyday but always the hard way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas related question - is that still ok ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock