Search the forum,

Discuss GAS pipe sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi hope someone can help me with my studies.
I am studying to become a gas safe engineer, I am currently studying about pipe sizing and would like some help on how to calculate existing pipe size in a property.
What would be the easiest why to calculate, I am using [h=1]Gas Installation Technology by R. D. Treloar
book to study at my training place.[/h]thank you.

That takes me back, you can do it long hand. But most use apps now days. Anton one is free, if you're stuck with a particular one I'll help you out

Treloar's book explains it better than anything briefly covered on this forum. In the 1st. addition you will find it on pages 48-55

Last edited:
thanks for the info buddy much appreciated.

I know there are apps out there but having knowledge about pipe sizing i believe is a must also I do not have a specific property to size but I would like to know the basics on calculating existing pipework in a property i.e before installing boilers cooker etc...
thanks.

You're always welcome to ask on here when you do get a job to size, plenty of helpful folk here to give you advice.
Don't forget to add the bends on when you size for pressure loss, that can add quite a bit.
Books like the ones you get from colleges and training centres are good. They generally have examples in to look at.

My tutor knows the book off by heart and he tells us this is one of the best books out there.

Its a good book, real world is a bit different from college, which one are you at?

I am at a private training centre in Essex, I can agree with you, in the real world you face different scenarios, I ask my self this question how would i tell if the pipe sizes and connections are within regs i.e under a floorboard, tilled floor laminate/ wooden flooring etc...

I am at a private training centre in Essex, I can agree with you, in the real world you face different scenarios, I ask my self this question how would i tell if the pipe sizes and connections are within regs i.e under a floorboard, tilled floor laminate/ wooden flooring etc...

you paying for this course ?

and go off the rest of the install if looking rubbish where you can see will be the same under etc

Closing this thread now.

While I appreciate that you chaps are all helping Anam learn, and Anam, we do want to help you, we cannot do it in open forum as it is an infringement of the forum rules.

Anam.

What we want you to do is build up your post count to 100+ then apply for membership of the Plumbers Arms. We'll happily give you as much help as we can then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GAS pipe sizing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock