Discuss gas pipe size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stewarty

Hi folks looked at a boiler change today combi to combi!existing boiler is supplied in 15mm.It is supplied from meter in 22 for about 6m into kitchen then 22x15x15 to four burner cooker then 2.5m to boiler.put u gauge on at boiler and operated dhw at max and all four rings on cooker on and got 17.5mbar.would the existing gas pipe be adequate for ideal logic 30 which has a 15mm connection?existing boiler is a vokera 80 excell sp.

What was the working pressure at the meter?
didnt take working pressure at meter.Got 23 mbar as an inlet pressure at existing gas valve on boiler.

so whats the issue to swap a length of 22mm to be sure?
the issue is a brand new kitchen and new laminate floor,typical hence my problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
why not complete the required pipe sizing calculations for the appliances installed, that way you cant go wrong, its not very clever to ask us if its ok when there are set regs laid down to ensure you install in a safe and legal manner. the new laminate floor etc isnt your problem at the end of the day is it

Last edited by a moderator:
why not complete the required pipe sizing calculations for the appliances installed, that way you cant go wrong, its not very clever to ask us if its ok when there are set regs laid down to ensure you install in a safe and legal manner. the new laminate floor etc isnt your problem at the end of the day is it
fair enough old man thought i would just get some topical conversation going as i am a new member,taken your point on board!

didnt take working pressure at meter.Got 23 mbar as an inlet pressure at existing gas valve on boiler.

the issue is a brand new kitchen and new laminate floor,typical hence my problem.

you got 23mb standing or working pressure at old boiler??as standing pressure is a bit of a pointless exercise when determining if pipework is ok
you need to test working pressure to have any idea 17.5mb sounds too low as worcester combis have a min operating pressure of 18mb if needed you will have to carcass externally

Silence as another appliance is gas starved when the chicken goes in on gas mark 7!
CCN1 its all in there u have to be able to use it or u will be leaving ID;s everywhere.
Have a read up and then work it out and post and i think u will find alot of people on here will help u double check the stats but to expect others to do the job doesnt show competance! and iam not implying that your not! we all need help and support at times but u have to take the first steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas pipe size in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock