Discuss Gas Meter Bracket - Help! Arguing with First Utility in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

ok, looks like I'm in the wrong... just cant believe they installed it to what's left of my bracket. I'd have nipped out for one had I know.

Can any GS plumber remove and refit meter to a new bracket?

Yes any GSR engineer can fit a new bracket for you.

Its a bit of a funny one imo because when they fitted the meter they should have fitted it with a sound bracket, even if they did charge you for the bracket itself, as when you fit a meter you are meant to ensure its securely held in place, but now that they have done it that way its going to be up to you to pay for getting it done properly.

no i dont think they can, they have to have Met 1 i think so they can work on meters. but the bracket is part of the box so you should change it all. depends on the mains coming in also if its attached to the box then he wont be able to touch it. would need to be your supplier. i may be wrong

no i dont think they can, they have to have Met 1 i think so they can work on meters. but the bracket is part of the box so you should change it all. depends on the mains coming in also if its attached to the box then he wont be able to touch it. would need to be your supplier. i may be wrong

I'm pretty sure as long as you are not changing the meter you can, I'll see if can confirm either way.

http://www.igem.org.uk/media/163718...ter relocation _final record _5_ for gsr_.pdf

If you look at table 1 towards the bottom, you can temporarily remove, or reposition a meter if you are GSR, its only if you are relocating it (i.e. new pipework required, rather than just re positioning within the same location) that you also need OAMI and it does not need to be notified. Pretty sure replacing the bracket would fit under the first two scenarios.

My thoughts exactly pickwickpick.. its just dangling by the pipes now, which was why I've been trying to get them back to fix it secure.

It would have taken 5mins whilst the meter was off, now I'm going to have to bugger about and get it changed.

You cant change the bracket without removing inlet and outlet from meter can you? The fiberglass box coving meter etc just lifts off.

Reply to Gas Meter Bracket - Help! Arguing with First Utility in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock