Discuss gas installation pipework multi dwelling property in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

proelitegas

property is a old pub being converted into 4 flats..transco will be installing 4 external meters housed in semi concealed boxes..property has a basement..first floor will have 2 flats and second floor will have 2..question is can the pipework be routed through the basement to each flat under floor? with AECV at point of entry or does it need to be installed in a shaft?

Think this has to be in a shaft. Ventilated. Etc

Can't you just run external?

Btw don't forget your limits if you only have a Dom ticket on pipe capacity

fire rated voids/boxing, air tight to inside but vented to outside from what i can remember.

its normal for meter boxes to be positioned to create easy external pipework runs to each dwelling, keeping as much as possible the pipework hiddend for neatness and from metal snatchers.

does not matter how you route each pipe. they can have individual shafts or jointly, so long as they are enclosed, and vented hgh and low, and followstandard regs

got in touch with gas safe for some clarification..runs can be done in the basement as long as it is ventillated..each supply must only supply 1 property and not pass through one to another..think il run 2 flats closest to the meters external and the 2 furthest through the basement..

is the basement a communal area? if so you may have to run it in steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas installation pipework multi dwelling property in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My daughter bought her first home and was hoping to convert to gas but its not available in the area, so thinking a boiler upgrade is the better...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can anyone hell me identify this pipe is it for gas? Property is all electric but the flat below and flats next door have gas boilers. The...
Replies
Views
Hi guys question about saniflos đź’© I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely...
Replies
Views
I have a 320 sqft double storey house with 6 bedrooms. The house is serviced by two heat only boilers (non condensing); a 120k btu (35kw) and a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock