Search the forum,

Discuss Gas hob issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Truman

Wasn't sure where to post this but hoping a gas safe man reads it...

I've got a gas hob and when the weather is hot the gas supply to it exhibits some strange characteristics. In hot weather, when you turn the gas knob for any of the rings to ON, and light it, the gas surges through quite forcefully, you can hear it more than normal, then within a couple of seconds the supply almost dries up and the flame almost goes out, then a few seconds later the supply stabilises and the gas comes through normally.

This only really happens in hotter than average weather, like today for example. Any ideas to what could be the cause?

i would get a gas safe engineer to check the hob and your gas supply

and lpg or ng just out of interest?

Natural gas.

The supply at the meter was checked last year when I had a new boiler fitted however the gas hob problem was present prior to that. It's only recently now I'm using the hob more that I'm wanting to get to the bottom of the problem.

Natural gas.

The supply at the meter was checked last year when I had a new boiler fitted however the gas hob problem was present prior to that. It's only recently now I'm using the hob more that I'm wanting to get to the bottom of the problem.

i would get the gas hob checked if thats fine i would ring your utility company and see what they say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas hob issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock