Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas fitter died in flat where he was working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevin@gesuk

THE mother of a 22-year-old gas fitter has spoken of her devastation after her son was found dead from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at the flat where he was working.

Police found the body of Matthew Nixon at the property after his company raised the alarm when he did not report back to their base.

The former Alsager School pupil had been installing a central heating system at the private flat in Macclesfield for Burslem-based BGC on Monday.

Now the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) is investigating after a post-mortem examination showed Matthew probably died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

----------------------------------------

The above happened on 14th December, does anyone have any further or local information on the incident.

This should never happen, you have the instruments to protect your selves.

As I say in the CPA1 training, switch your analyser on before you enter the building, have it on either flue analysis or CO room safety, room sealed appliance. Better still get a CO alarm/ monitor designed to measure and record any exposure to CO. The EH40 limit is 30 ppm over 8 hours or 200ppm in 15 minutes TWA. CO accumulates in the blood and takes about five hour for half of the CO to go.

Another site had a case where the boiler was in the basement, he switched his analyser on and it immediately went to 2000ppm. The flue was blocked causing the POC to enter the room. he lived to tell the tale.

Kevin

i live in macclesfield. i hadnt heard about this but its a small town so ill be asking the lads at the merchants if they know anything. poor lad,

The bodies of Albert and Joan Grand were discovered in different rooms of their Barbers Cottage home in The Street, Swafield, near North Walsham, an inquest opening heard in Norwich yesterday.
The tragedy has shocked those who knew the pair, described as an “absolutely devoted couple,” by Mrs Grand’s former employee and friend, Juliet Buckingham.
The couple are believed to have lived in the village for more than 50 years.
Police, who forced their way into the cottage on November 28, after a family member was unable to contact them, found Mr Grand, 83, in the lounge.
He died from carbon monoxide poisoning but was also suffering from heart disease. His wife, 78, was in the downstairs bathroom. The cause of her death has not been established but police do not believe there were any suspicious circumstances.

there was an update in the local paper today, the lad that died was doing an installation in macclesfield but he was from stoke on trent, they are fairly sure that he died from CO poisoning. he was found slumped against the bedroom door in the flat, although it hasnt been confirmed the paper said there was a generator in the flat, surely being a gas fitter hed know better than to fire up a jenny inside with no windows open, but they arent sure he used the jenny. investigations are ongoing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas fitter died in flat where he was working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock