Discuss Gas fire/flue test? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. As you all know I'm currently doing my ACS training and have asked the question on whether when servicing an existing fire, do you carry out a smoke match test whilst the fire is still in place or not?

I don't think I've been given the answer to be honest.

Well first,think what a smoke match/spillage test does and what you are trying to find out from it...this should give you the answer

Well a smoke test is to check whether the flue is pulling before moving on to using a smoke pellet??

With in the builders opening.
I'm assuming you light the fire before pulling it all out and carry out a smoke test at the canopy. If it pulls them continue with service and remove the fire and do a smoke pellet test?

This is why I'm confused. I'm being told you need to check the flame picture and if the flue is pulling?

Macka, I'm closing this thread before too much info is given on a public forum.

Apply for the Arms please mate, we're happier answering your training questions in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas fire/flue test? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock