Search the forum,

Discuss Gas consumption for new supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

magicno1

Gas Engineer
Hi all.

We are doing a large renovation with one 40 kw boiler which will run a 5 bed house and one 30kw boiler that runs a b&b annexe with 4 bedrooms and en suites.
One range cooker and one fire also.
My customer is trying to fill out the new application form for a new supply and they want hourly consumption in kWh and annual consumption in kWh.
Can somebody help how we can sort this please?

Thanks

Hope your commercial :)

Need to keep the total gas load under 70kw

But don't forget combis won't run more than one outlet

Ok so say it is 70kw then how do we get the figures required?

Can give you the m3/h which is normally ok for the suppliers

Then get one isolating valve with an upstream test point for each property so that you can test from there, you then don't need to touch the bigger meter.

Most just guess.
Say 70kw,8 hours a day for 50% of the year. 101,920kw
Then hot water the rest of the year call it 1/5of the winter consumption. About 20,000kw
Total 121,920kw.

Or just ask for a u16 :D

Hope there's no fires or cookers:rolleyes:

Be careful with your gas runs, as your probably going to go way over your allowed purging volume.

Thanks!
Probably go electric with cooking and solid fuel on the fires.
As I said can get away with total 65 kw and done pipe sizing and gone overboard and it works out 35mm.

Thanks!
Probably go electric with cooking and solid fuel on the fires.
As I said can get away with total 65 kw and done pipe sizing and gone overboard and it works out 35mm.

What's your purge volume?

N Grid need to know what pipe they need to run, when you say 90-95kw what looks like you will get U16 and 63mdpe from NG What will be OK for client if any future upgrade. What and how you connect it's for later up to you.
Had couple upgrades last year and both time 63mm as next down is only32.
NG it's more happy this days when meter positioned externally for new runs,inside OK too but more difficult they can be

Have you misunderstood the original question?

Nope just wanted to know what you worked out as it sounds like you have pipesized it already

Nope just wanted to know what you worked out as it sounds like you have pipesized it already
We are still working out our max boiler sizes
Reckon we are gonna get total nearer 60 kw now.
Customer is thinking of dropping the gas cooker now
Just need to get the supply on going

Update
SGN are putting in two new supplies, one for the house and one for the annexe.
Our total load was 63 KW and they were concerned an E6 was not going to cope if everything was at max!
So between them and the customer 2 supplies were agreed.
Our purge volume was close to the domestic limit so this helps all concerned!
Thanks for all your input!

It will be a U16 meter . Whether a new service is required will depend on whats already in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas consumption for new supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Hi all, Does anyone have any feedback as to which is best. Running the pipe from the outdoor gas meter to a new boiler on an outside wall or run the pipe under the floor (suspended timber) which is our existing setup and the new boiler is being sited in same location as old. I ask just in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I moved into a new build three bedroom, two bathroom bungalow about 2.5 years ago. Ever since we moved in there has been an issue with the water pressure. Toward the end of last year the pressure had got worse. For instance, you could not run another tap in the house if a...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock