Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Gas certificate for disconnected appliance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maxio13

Hi all,
I am new in gas trade so my question may be a bit silly but I need advise to have my job done properly.

My client wants change a gas hob for electric one so it will require capping off gas supply.
After disconecting procedure an tightnest test is myresponsibility to leave gas certificate and test all appliances at home or my invoice and tightnest test printout should be enough?
Where on certificate I can state that I disconnected hob and my capping work is safe.
Should be an extra charge for gas certificate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Max and welcome to the forums.

Increase your post count to 10. Pm either Redsaw or Gas man with your gsr details. You'll be asked a few questions then be given access to the inner forum where your questions can be answered in private.

I've a feeling you'll have a few.

agree with above.

you dont have to issue a gas certificate for most work that you do. If your asked for one then do one, if your doing work in a rented property or a local authority property they will normally expect to give some form of paperwork trail.

You need to perform your normal visual risk assessments on other appliances in the property as per the requirements (theres a technical bulletin on the gas safe website to explain whats required). You do not have to record visual risk assessments on any gas cert you fill out but its good practice to.

if its a private customer sometimes its good to leave a cert as it looks professional and gives them your details so in the future they may look at it and phone you up for further work so to speak.

welcome to the forum.

Hi Croppie,

how can you tell if you're on the inner forum? was asked my gsr details ages and ages ago but not sure if im on it or not.

cheers

Novice pm your details to redsaw or gasman we've had some changes

Hi Croppie,

how can you tell if you're on the inner forum? was asked my gsr details ages and ages ago but not sure if im on it or not.

cheers

You'd have a yellow gas safe badge.

Sorry mate, you're going to have to go through it again! Can you pm Redsaw or Gas man as above?

Cheers cocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas certificate for disconnected appliance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Full disclosure, I am an Electrician. One of my older clients has just had her fire capped off because it doesn't comply with today's regs and...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and...
Replies
Views
Good'ay Wondering what I have been doing wrong or what I should be doing differently. Have had some jobs lately where I will carry out a gas...
Replies
Views
Hi all just a quick question, a customer of mine was having a smart meter installed when they found a leak and capped the gas off. I had a quick...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock