Discuss gas analizer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GavinSmith77

Hi

Does anyone know if it is true that by febuary anyone fitting a new boiler will have to have a combustion analizer to commission the boiler ?

not sure if its happening in febuary but yes they are bringing it in some time over 2010 that not only do you have to have a combustion analyser but you also have to be qualified to use it to. another course costing £100 plus, think its CPA1 but i might be wrong,

Hi

Does anyone know if it is true that by febuary anyone fitting a new boiler will have to have a combustion analizer to commission the boiler ?
what ive heard is you will need to do the course before you can take the acs next time
however youll need it soon to install any appliance thats a certanty some manufacturers already ask that ratios are checked ive got a brand new tpi on ebay at this moment if your looking for one

Last edited:
most boiler manufacturers require on the benchmark ticket (that you have to fill in to obtain a guarantee) that you fill in flue gas analysis ratios to prove the correct combustion is happening. (its also good practice)at the moment you dont have to have CPA1 to fill in the benchmark. there is talk as steve says of making it compulsory on the acs system. thats as much as i know !

if fitting worcester boilers ,vailliant,you have to use fga for benchmark,and gassafe inspectors will want you to do it if your inspected on worcester install,as i found last year,next day on fga course,day after bought fga.gas safe inspector was admant you couldnt commission without one.

Analysers all the way how the hell can you commission a condensing boiler correctly without one or for that matter adjust it for proper efficient operation - its the future

Worcester is the only manufacturer that demands this on install, vaillant want it, like other manufacturers, when replacing gas valve. They will all ask for it soon. Mentioned this in another thread, rang corgi in 2007 & 2008, gas safe this year, it is not yet a legal requirement, the problem is that no one can tell you when it will be. This annoys me as I dont want to part with money for an analyser that doesn't fulfill future requirements.

You don`t have to have legal requirements to do your job right, some may want some may not - do a proper job, charge a proper price eveyones happy - that my opinion

Very good Quality, are you saying that without an analyser you can say a boiler is unsafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas analizer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock