Search the forum,

Discuss G3 Unvented now what in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scrappy

Hi folks

I past my unvented awhile back (have the qualification and card). Am I correct in saying to install unvented system and sign it off, I must register with a competent person scheme, Such as APHC? Will i need this for just new builds or new installs or straight swapsBeing a small time one man band. I rarely install any unvented its mainly repairs/kitchen and bathrooms ect. So signing up to APHC (£800per year) for the odd unvented cylinder would cost more than the money I make from taking on this work?

p.s I am not gas safe all though working towards it one day

Thanks in advance for any info

I may be wrong but I think you can regester them on a building control notice , obviously get the customer to pay

Ill have a look into that. Many thanks

Not sure ill be able to compete price wise with the next guy but could be worth a shot

Whenever you get gas safe qualified and registered you'll be able to do it through them

I may be wrong but I think you can regester them on a building control notice , obviously get the customer to pay

I'm almost 100% sure you can. Membership of a Competent Persons Scheme is only needed to self-certify. Whether or not you'd want the hassle of notifying Building Control before starting work and being inspected, is another matter. Plus they are likely to be expensive...

Ive been gas safe for years (corgi before for even longer) but when I did my un-vented it never got added to my gas registration, Do I need to add it myself ? or does the awarding body CITB do it? sorry for the post HI`jack

Yes just tell Gassafe and they'll add it to the list of qualifications you already have.

Yep they add it as a qualification but pretty sure its not registered with them like you would a boiler

You can certify it through Gassafe (which is the competent persons scheme) for a small fee

I was about to book up on a G3 course being exactly the same as yourself, don't think I will bother now will just pass it across to my mate in return for a drink as I have for years.

How much is it to notify bc is it the same as a oil boiler £220?

Ive been gas safe for years (corgi before for even longer) but when I did my un-vented it never got added to my gas registration, Do I need to add it myself ? or does the awarding body CITB do it? sorry for the post HI`jack

Email enquiries@User PlumbersForums.net Instead - Copy the content, don't link to it.co.uk with a photo of your unvented card (front and back) and they add it to your gas safe. Emailed them mine on Wednesday and it had been updated on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to G3 Unvented now what in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed all checks, provided certs etc. The government/Green scheme sends 2 other gas boiler engineers to double and triple check things and One was Bosch...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm a competent DIYer with an engineering background and am active in Heritage Buildings. I never touch anything I'm not allowed to albeit I've worked on the wet side of my own heating on the central heating circuit before when I had a combi - balancing rads, add a Fernox TF1, washing...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I’ve purchased a new build property and had a few issues with the unvented hot water system. I’ve now asked the developer, builder and plumber for proof of G3 certificate of the plumbers but have been told they have no need to show me this. I’ve searched the gas safe register and it’s not...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock