Search the forum,

Discuss Free standing exposed bath waste help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Sorry if this is a silly question. I have a freestanding bath that is on legs. Therefore I need to install an exposed overflow and waste onto it with a shallow trap. The plug I have just bought is one that screws from the top to the bottom to install it (not one that has a threaded shaft.
My worry is that the bath is acrylic and where the plug hole has been cut out, you can see the ‘foam’ inside the bath, which, with the plug I have bought will get wet when wet when I drain the bath.
my question is, is this normal or do I need to make my own cylinder between the top of plug and bottom or paint the foam with some waterproof membrane stuff.
Any help would be great,

many thanks

Hhmmm any pictures?? We often discard the foam washer and use a clear sanitary silicone to seal the grate to the bath. Kop

Attachments

• 20181113_161130.jpg
    20181113_161130.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20181113_161040.jpg
    20181113_161040.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 18
Either a) buy a threaded type waste that doesn’t allow water to come into contact with this core.
or
b) seal the edge with silicone well tuned in before you fit your waste.

I would change the type of waste you have.

Either a) buy a threaded type waste that doesn’t allow water to come into contact with this core.
or
b) seal the edge with silicone well tuned in before you fit your waste.

I would change the type of waste you have.

Ok thank you. That’s what I was thinking. I’m not sure if you can buy a threaded waste that is exposed with a low trap as the overflow pipe joins the plug straight away underneath so I’m guessing the threaded type would block it. I’ll have a look on the internet tonight. Thank you very much

Reply to Free standing exposed bath waste help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock