Search the forum,

Discuss For those thinking of signing off others work ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Quite a fine! £2000 each and £5000 in costs

image.jpg

so min charge of 10k sounds good to me

It's not much use JUST putting it in a trade mag, only read by plumbers/gas fitters etc
They are preaching to the converted
It should be in every free counter top mag in every builders merchants country wide and also in the some of the daily papers
Gassafe want good publicity?, run a monthly ad in the Sun showing all the convictions and fines that have been dished out, also named and shamed in a national paper should make others think twice about illegalling (new, made up word)

Fair play gas safe. I'm always quick to criticise them when they hand out piddly fines and slaps on the wrist. I'd like to see more fines like this. And I agree with Jonnyswamp they need to show these cases in the national papers and maybe watchdog or rogue traders type programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to For those thinking of signing off others work ! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock