Discuss For those of you with a bit of time... website review in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rodolphe

Hi Guys,

I've just kind of finished the website, if you can be bothered I'd appreciate your feedback/proof-reading.

HOME

Or is there a thread about marketing somewhere? What works, what doesn't... am thinking about a leafleting campaign, I can get 5k houses done for about £200, including printing costs. Sounds worth a try, has anyone done it?

Quite a well populated area you are in so should get some reply's. Proof reading would be chargeable , lol need to make some money somewere ,:nopity:

Hi mate

The website is OK and easy to use. Could do with some tidying out particularly with fonts and logo, other than that its easy enough to get your message across.

Doesn't work at all on iPhone

Something I'm toying with myself, although given that the average French countryside dweller still doesn't realise man has landed on the moon i'm not sure how successful it would be.
Yours is easy to read, easy to navigate and informative enough for me. I don't have an artistic bone in my body so no idea about fonts and colours and stuff.

Professional looking site, nice work!
There are a couple of things that I spotted if you want suggestions?
The main page is called 'home', I'd rename that to your company name. That will also help with google searches and ranking.
The scrolling images on the main page move too fast, you get a little bit into reading it and woosh it's moved on to the next image.
There are a few apostrophes that don't make sense. (family's = family is, home's = home is, household's etc. The apostrophe goes after the 's' if you're expressing 'belonging to'- most people make the same mistake though and only a pedant like me would notice such things:teeth_smile:)
Even with the above niggles, it's a great site, you should be pleased with it.

rodolphe, i asked my son to have a quick look as websites are his thing, (designing and running 100's of them, and he is very successful at it so he knows a thing or 2 about it, apologies for the way it reads, remember its a reply to his old dad's email, and isnt meant to be rude or anything, he was in a hurry so its just a brief reply to my request for him to have a peek

"looks okay but i don't expect it to rank for anything in Google (if thats what he's aiming for). he needs more content on the homepage, and fix the homepage title - right now it just says "HOME" but it should say something related to what he wants to rank for like "Plumber in Airdie - French and Sons" or something like that"

Hi Kirkgas,

Yes I am aware the SEO needs to be done, it'll be phase 2, when I've decided to pay someone for it. The competition in Croydon is tough though so I expect that particular battle to be a little expensive. So my first aim with the site was for people who have heard of me to have somewhere to look (my first reflex on meeting anyone is to google them and look at their site). That reminds me I haven't even registered the site with Google yet, which I'm off to rectify straight away.

The comment on the HOME page however is most valid and I can certainly take care of that!

Thanks all for your welcome comments and constructive criticism.

Hi Kirkgas,

Yes I am aware the SEO needs to be done, it'll be phase 2, when I've decided to pay someone for it. The competition in Croydon is tough though so I expect that particular battle to be a little expensive. So my first aim with the site was for people who have heard of me to have somewhere to look (my first reflex on meeting anyone is to google them and look at their site). That reminds me I haven't even registered the site with Google yet, which I'm off to rectify straight away.

The comment on the HOME page however is most valid and I can certainly take care of that!

Thanks all for your welcome comments and constructive criticism.

im in the middle of something so it was easier to simply cut and paste his reply but i didnt want you thinking he was putting it down, SEO is one of the many things he does, but he doesnt get involved in small end stuff (again no slight intended) so i dont know how much it would cost, he has replied again, saying the reason he was busy earlier was he was in the garage getting his car back from a service, (he drives a lambo and lives in portugal, its just cost him 2800 euros for an intermediate service, haha its a hard life, he has just moved to vilamoura and a guy 6 houses along has a similar orange lamborghini, he is ragin)

Professional looking site, nice work!
There are a couple of things that I spotted if you want suggestions?
The main page is called 'home', I'd rename that to your company name. That will also help with google searches and ranking.
The scrolling images on the main page move too fast, you get a little bit into reading it and woosh it's moved on to the next image.
There are a few apostrophes that don't make sense. (family's = family is, home's = home is, household's etc. The apostrophe goes after the 's' if you're expressing 'belonging to'- most people make the same mistake though and only a pedant like me would notice such things:teeth_smile:)
Even with the above niggles, it's a great site, you should be pleased with it.

Thanks JC. I'm always careful with apostrophes and normally get them right. Goes to show that, for me to get them ALL wrong, I must have snorted something past its sell-by date. I haven't figured out yet how to slow down the slider, I'd noticed it's too fast. Darnit.

Feedback much appreciated though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to For those of you with a bit of time... website review in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
I recently read a post / comment whereby there was a recommendation that if you are away from your home more than 24 hours, then you should turn...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
Hello All, I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock