Currently reading:
flux brush after soldering

Discuss flux brush after soldering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do many people use a flux brush to wipe fittings just after.soldering to help the solder run around the fitting?

I just remembered that a chap I worked with last year used to solder his joints that way. I kid you not!

Thought the technic was.used.to help make sure solder.had.run all the way around?

no as the solder should of already run/ entered the joint

I used to do that when I first started just to be on the safe side, but soon realised that it was pointless

I can't stand this. It seems like a way to "polish" up what is in fact just bad technique. A side effect is that the flux brush ends up disintegrating with the hot brushing and all the bits end up in the flux pot like loads of dead midges.

It grinds my gears when I see students doing it.

No,i am a proper plumber i use my fingers,flux the pipe,assemble,solder,wipe with wool or a dry rag,wet rag when cool

the way I was taught nearly 30 years ago.. never fails to give a good joint and still do it that way now but talking to younger guys they use cleaning fluxes etc and wipe with flux brush afterwards but I dont see the point, as someone said, waste of flux.
I have modernised my technique with the use of a 1/2" paintbrush to get the flux on ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flux brush after soldering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back