Discuss Flush valve buttons in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stufai

Our old Impulse cascade flush valve broke so I've tried to replace it today. However, the Impulse valve is no longer manufactured. The problem I have is that it is an oblong/rectangular button and all new flush valves are designed for round buttons.

Is it possible to get an adaptor, or is there any other way around this other than having to get a new cistern lid with a round hole?

Thanks in advance.

Is this your flush valve? Don't like the price though. :eek:mg_smile:

Yes it is. I should have mentioned that I'd seen that, but like you am not best pleased at the price. Wondering whether a 2nd hand cistern lid and a new 'conventional' flush valve would be better.

Can't see you having much luck getting a random 2nd hand cistern lid to fit properly.

Is this a white suite?

I've said it before, if you are having trouble finding WC / tap spares try Lunns. I use them as they are local to me, are very knowledgeable, and can usually get anything.

They are expensive though, and can take a couple days to get stuff in, but I've learnt the hard way, that if Plumbase / PTS / Plumbcenter don't know what your talking about, just go to Lunns as it saves time and money in the long run.

Impusle Yellow Pivot Arm Grey Base Flush Valve Replacement Elongated

Your flush valve is 46 quid, by the time you have sourced a lid, bought new flush valve and fitted, you will be thinking...... Should've bought the same valve!!

I've said it before, if you are having trouble finding WC / tap spares try Lunns. I use them as they are local to me, are very knowledgeable, and can usually get anything.

They are expensive though, and can take a couple days to get stuff in, but I've learnt the hard way, that if Plumbase / PTS / Plumbcenter don't know what your talking about, just go to Lunns as it saves time and money in the long run.

Your flush valve is 46 quid, by the time you have sourced a lid, bought new flush valve and fitted, you will be thinking...... Should've bought the same valve!!

Excellent - thanks for the help. I'll give them a call in the morning and see how quick I can get the new valve.

Why don't you just go to plumbfix and buy a new toilet £60 done

ajdgas.com

Why don't you just go to plumbfix and buy a new toilet £60 done

ajdgas.com

A new toilet is sometimes the answer yes but surely a new part would save all the hasstle and expense of a new toilet and pan connector aswell as dealing with the change in footprint position eg carpet?

Have you tried cistern spares on google they are quite good, you have 2 choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flush valve buttons in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock