Discuss flue issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Evening all ,
started a job today few bits and bobs to do in a large flat and one of the jobs on the list is to provide gas pipe to possible gas fire in the future .However upon second visit to flat i notice two things concerning the boiler first issue being as its first floor flat the discharge prv on the combi has not been turned back and is just discharging downwards,,,,presuming a one year old install has been installed with an AR issue,

Secondl issue ,
Same boiler worcester 37 cdi the flue has been terminated adjacent to a openable window approx 600mm away so wrong weather conditions and window open poc's could distribute themselves in flat IMO. Now this boiler has been installed like this by a known installer in the area . Being a GSR engineer and i have to break into gas pipe under duty of care i need to do something here as two AR scenarios on boiler install less than year old Real world scenario not wanting to create hassle is worth contacting GSR or installer ?
also to make it more awkward the installer serviced the boiler just over 2 weeks ago

few opinions would be appreciated here lads/lasses

Distance from window is minimum 300 so 600 is fine. PRV not turned back to wall is not AR as it is not a gas related matter. If it's high enough any discharge water will have cooled down before it can reach anyone so it's a nuisance. Worcester instructions tend to show prv with one elbow and a slight kick back to the wall anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

in this case i believe it should 300 from an openable window

mike youre too fast for me

Last edited:
flue.jpg

Not sure if you can see this pic that well ,but this is terminated by a large openable window

I understand what you're saying about weather a pocs, I think about it myself.. But mi's apparently know best and they say 300...

building control will determine a non appropriately prv discharge as a safety issue

Personally I'd make the custard aware of your concerns under duty of care and let them decide what they want to do about it! I wouldn't AR because you then are requested to turn off,plus the scenario doesn't sound AR IMHO, is it really a turn off situation? Err on the side of caution and talk it over with the custard ...

With that flue the boiler is more like 4 years old, not 1 year old. As has been said the flue can be 300mm away from any opening to the building, if its facing an opening its different and cant remember the figure off the top of my head, I cant really make out from the picture what window you are talking about??? PRV termination isnt AR either.

its all down to the mi,s how far from an openable window most 300 but some ave seen 150 altho dont think ad be comfy with that as mfgs says the pic is hard to make out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I was hoping someone could advise regarding the regulations around flue terminations through a 'fake' window. We have a...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to see if anyone can give some advice please. My Baxi boiler has been losing pressure and I am having to top it up approx. every 4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock