Discuss FLUE GAS READINGS ecotec pro in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammathias

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
routine service today on a ecotec pro 28 approx 8 years old. Basically the boiler would only stay fired up for about 45secs before cycling on and off on max rate. This wasnt long enough for me to get an accurated fga reading.

Gas rate and pressure was good. Am i right in saying could potentailly be a plate hex partial blockage?

So it wasn't a service it was a breakdown :p:p:p:p

Does it do it on heating as well as hot water?

routine service today on a ecotec pro 28 approx 8 years old. Basically the boiler would only stay fired up for about 45secs before cycling on and off on max rate. This wasnt long enough for me to get an accurated fga reading.

Gas rate and pressure was good. Am i right in saying could potentailly be a plate hex partial blockage?
How was the gas rate and pressure good if you cannot get it into max rate?

Did you test with the hot tap open ?? Normally test mine with a bath or kitchen tap

Had a basin overflow ooops :D

So it wasn't a service it was a breakdown :p:p:p:p

Does it do it on heating as well as hot water?
No no. It was a service. 45seconds is enough time for me to check gas pressure pal.... And i checked gas rate at 1/2ft3/rev and it was all good.

Yeh bath tap on full in max rate boiler kept vutting out around 45 seconds.

Yea plate fecked then check on heating first maybe main hex

No no. It was a service. 45seconds is enough time for me to check gas pressure pal.. And i checked gas rate at 1/2ft3/rev and it was all good.
No worries mate. I like mine for at least 5 minutes on full rate before I do anything. Don't want anything biting me in the bottom later on. Definitely sounds like a circulation issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FLUE GAS READINGS ecotec pro in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock