Discuss flue gas analyser in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve.d

does anyone know whats the best value for money flue analyser kits on the market

kane 455 have a look on net for prices dont be tempted to buy on second hand as they tend to need calibrating and it would cost between 60 and 100 £ to do so

No such thing as a cheap FGA they all cost a bomb but the kane 455 or Telegan sprint v2 are very versatile and easy to use.

Got mine from here Kane 455 Flue Gas Analyser CPA1 Kit | Buy Online | gasproducts.co.uk Ordered by phone 1pm on Tuesday and was delivered at 8.30 the next morning. Was looking for ages and this was the cheapest price for the kit I wanted. Has a 5 year warranty if calibrated/serviced by Kane and fixed priced servicing and calibration. Fantastic bit of kit and much easier to use than Anton sprint IMO.

for price the Kane 250 is very good.

I think it's false economy to go for that one matey. The price is good but the sensors aren't long life like the 455 (2 years as opposed to 5 years). I pondered that one for a while then was going to go for the 455 pro kit but for the sake of another £40 I ended up getting the CPA1 kit (The probe kit is another £90 and the 12 volt charger is about £15 if bought seperately) Plus you get the gas sniffer. If you can stretch to it, I would go for the whole shebang as you'll need it from next April. Ended up paying £630 inc vat & delivery which I know is a lot but I've got everything I need (Till they come out with another way of separating us from our cash!!)

Bought my Kane 455 (bare, no extras) a few months ago, new from JMW Ltd for £475.

Bought my Kane 455 (bare, no extras) a few months ago, new from JMW Ltd for £475.

Ouch! Could have got the pro kit for another £15 plus vat. (Dont you hate it when someone says that?!)

I think it's false economy to go for that one matey. The price is good but the sensors aren't long life like the 455 (2 years as opposed to 5 years). I pondered that one for a while then was going to go for the 455 pro kit but for the sake of another £40 I ended up getting the CPA1 kit (The probe kit is another £90 and the 12 volt charger is about £15 if bought seperately) Plus you get the gas sniffer. If you can stretch to it, I would go for the whole shebang as you'll need it from next April. Ended up paying £630 inc vat & delivery which I know is a lot but I've got everything I need (Till they come out with another way of separating us from our cash!!)

i have the 455 myself, but if you wanted a cheaper option without all the bells for commissioning boilers for example you can pick up a 250 for £300 quid. If you need all the extra kit, probes etc... then i totally agree with you.

I have just bought the 250 myself and now I feel a fool after reading some of your reviews ? Have I made a mistake chaps ? It is winging its way to me as I speak and I was exicted

ive got the kane 250 kit. very good analyser and cheap, i dont need the bells and whistles and so i am happy. paid just over 400 from jmw. as part of calibration cost i think they would change the cells etc if required, but not entirely sure but i will check with them

As cobra has said the 250 is very good, it all depends what you need to use it for. i have the 455 with printer, probes etc.... and i could have done everything ive used it for with the basic 250 kit, i still use my water u gauge, my thermometer etc... and have only used the 455 to analyse flue gasses. You dont need a printer unless you have customers that request copies.

Not saying the 250 is a bad bit of kit at all but I did a lot of research before parting with my cash and decided that paying quite a bit more would be worth it for me in the long run. With the CPA1 becoming compulsory next year I decided to bite the bullet and not eat for a week so I could get the full bagamashins. The only thing I thought was I'd end up paying more in the long run.

has anyone got the kane 457, is it basically a 455 with that weird crystal adapter that plugs into the side for ambient air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flue gas analyser in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, does anyone know why the water only fills 1/3 of the way please?
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock