Discuss Flue fitted from inside flat? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Need boiler replacing In flat. Can the flue be installed from inside as external access is not practical.

Yes it can be possible
There are some new regulations about flies in high rise flats though so best speak to some local installers

Or if you can get below use the rope trick

I'll bite Shaun, what's the rope trick?

I'll bite Shaun, what's the rope trick?
Drop a rope through the flue hole
stick the rope through the flue
tie a coke can around rope / anything big enough and internally pull / lift the rope up

Reply to Flue fitted from inside flat? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
Looking for a flue extender for a Protherm 60-80CI boiler. House is having external wall insulation and needs flue extending to avoid a new...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as...
Replies
Views
Has anyone else come across this situation? I keep detecting products of combustion inside the casing of Ideal Logic boilers. I've replaced every...
Replies
Views
Back