Discuss Flow switch cleaning? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi everyone,

I'm about to attempt to clean a flow switch on a Stuart Turner 1.4 bar Watermill pump and wondered if anyone has had experience of doing this and could give me some pointers. I don't even know if its possible.

I would normally replace but customers newly married and seriously strapped for cash.

Any help would be really appreciated.

they may curse you with 2+ callouts rather than one and a new part

Thanks guys, your advice is much appreciated. I did think that changing them might be the less costly option but thought it worth running by you.

Would defo change them!

By the time you've faffed about trying to get it all apart it's worth the effort to replace them! Besides, you'll only clean them to 80% of what they were before!

At least they've got a decent brand pump & the tech support from ST is usually quite helpful with parts also readily available.

Thanks Tom. I have spoken to Stuart Turner before and must admit they are very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flow switch cleaning? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run...
Replies
Views
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the rather unusual part-time variety of a GSRE, training self-funded and slowly trying to make my way and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock