Discuss floorstanding potterton kingfisher boiler clearances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamesboy678

hi,
recently went to survey a kitchen to ripped out and new one put in and noticed that behind a unit there is a floor standing potterton kingfisher boiler. was wondering if anyone could help me with the clearances that are needed for the boiler, mainly the distance between top of the boiler and worktop and also the clearance from the front of the boiler. im very sorry i dont have the model name, this was just information passed over to me, and the literature online doesn't seem to clarify the clearances well.
many thanks

Jamesboy678, Kingfishers went way back but if it's Fan Flued Mf, rear exit; 15mm above 5mm to the side :)

:dunce2:And a boat load of compartment ventilation depending on the model .......... !

recommend to customer to changer boiler now when renewing kitchen ,if left for after then will need to rip out the kitchen to fit new HE boiler

make your life easy and fined out what type of boiler is ,otherwise can be taken to court for killing the family in that house

Last edited:
Bye-the-way .. If it's the even older model it needs 20mm above and a shed load of compartment ventilation for cooling! AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanD if it's open flued ... ya might as well leave the door off! Actually ya might as well leave the door off anyways coz of the vents needed! Really you'd be better off getting a GS Engineer round to advise ya!

thanks very much for the help, we have a gas safe engineer on baord but typical he's on hols atm! have got someone else to come round and have a look, i think we will go along the lines of recommending new boiler, looking at it again, there is no high ventilation, only low and the flue is sticking out right underneath the guttering. many thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to floorstanding potterton kingfisher boiler clearances in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, Our boiler is an old (installed in 2005), Potterton Kingfisher (MF 40-100), using a pressurised system. It recently started short cycling...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I have some knowledge of plumbing and heating and have installed several in my time. I have a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40CDi Classic...
Replies
Views
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock