Search the forum,

Discuss Flooding Appleby Bridge and Bakewell in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Rob Foster

Esteemed
Look at the news ...the small dam above the town is about to breech. Town being
evacuated. BBC news what a terrible thing to have to endure. Rob Foster aka
centralheatking

Does seem to have been undermined though, which is worrying.
Apparently it is very old 1800s dam with earth banks unlike modern dams according to BBC

Weather with me dry and sunny thankfully
I did just say to the missus, if the top of the bank has started to go. I wouldn’t be surprised if there had been movement underneath.

I did just say to the missus, if the top of the bank has started to go. I wouldn’t be surprised if there had been movement underneath.

The film taken from helicopter of entire area is frightening to see the dam filled to brim and how high the dam is in comparison to the many homes nearby

I do not think that the global warming experts ever advised about this..they told us sea levels would rise..in actual fact the heat is making much more water being picked up out at sea ..and then dumped inland
as we seem to witness
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Flooding Appleby Bridge and Bakewell in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock