Discuss Flood in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Royal

I am a self employed Bench Joiner with limited plumbing skills. I helped a collegue plumb in a bathroom, the collegue knows I am not a qualified plumber. One of the connectors failed (plactic pipe) flooding the property and resulted in a claim being made against the collegue (£10,000). I was working as casual labour. Now the collegue want me to contribute to the £10,000. As he is the contractor am I to blame?

That's what public liability insurance is for. Don't leave home without it.

I take it that your 'colleague' isn't a plumber either?

I'd change my mobile number and move! This thread is a perfect example to newbees on the need for insurance.

The collegue happens to be my Brother. He is a carpenter. He should have Public L Insurance, but I have read that the insurance might not cover plastic.

Then get your brother to phone them and check the small print. Surely that's the first course of action?

Christ what did you & your brother do.....hammer nails into the pipe...

Think he has. That is why he is expecting me to contribute

Then I think you have two options. 1 is fall out with your brother and 2 is to contribute to the 10 grand. But you never really liked him anyway did you?!

It's not so easy this plumbing lark is it?

Trying not to sound too smug, but you may find that your brother's insurance won't cover it. When you say a plastic connection failed did you use inserts in the pipe and pressure test the installation to the pressure recommended by the manufacturer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flood in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock