Search the forum,

Discuss Flexicom moved in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning chaps

friend of mine asked me to move his boiler into his loft, which I did yesterday. Boiler was working fine but is now making a horrendous groaning noise on DHW.

Cannot fathom it. Flexicom 30cx, three years old, serviced annually has literally just moved up and slightly offset to the left by about 2 meters. It's not air

any ideas. The only thing I wasn't involved in was taking the boiler off the wall which my mate did and yes I have ticked him off for it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Only when there is a flame but as I say only on hot water central heating as quiet as you like

It might be running at a higher gas rate on DHW. Some Vaillant boilers do that. Have you checked combustion?

And it didn't do it before ?
Bit weird.
If it's same thing as I'm thinking, or like I've heard, ( trombone noise that fades away)
It's to do with air and combustion but never got to bottom of it. Neither did Vaillant.

Years ago they drilled an 8 mm hole in that black plastic air intake inside because a lot of Eco tec did it when it was new model. And it stopped

I don't think I'm helping here !

And it didn't do it before ?
Bit weird.
If it's same thing as I'm thinking, or like I've heard, ( trombone noise that fades away)
It's to do with air and combustion but never got to bottom of it. Neither did Vaillant.

Years ago they drilled an 8 mm hole in that black plastic air intake inside because a lot of Eco tec did it when it was new model. And it stopped

I don't think I'm helping here !
No buddy thank you I appreciate your ideas. It is doing that exact trombone noise you're making reference to i've come across it before and obviously altered the combustion and it's been fine but this one it just doesn't seem to affect

I can't remember if they have the black air intake tube inside but if it has have you run it without that fitted to see if it stops

Its normally combustion which causes the noises on these. Checking the flue seals is a good shout, although if they were damaged/not sealing the ratio would be out. Whats the working pressure at the boiler?

That I don't know I gotta pop back

Working pressure is spot on. I'm wondering if the throttle isn't playing ball. It just won't adjust

Working pressure is spot on. I'm wondering if the throttle isn't playing ball. It just won't adjust

Sounds like you may have found your problem, might be worth a call to Glowworm Technical before changing anything in case they have any other suggestions. That would make sense though.

FYI if anyone else has this problem. Gas valve was shot purring like a kitten now. I reckon it must've been damaged when mate took it off the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexicom moved in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock