Discuss Flexicom 24CX intermittent F1-F4 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Not getting much joy in the GSE closed forum so thought I'd start a thread here in the open ...

Boiler as above, 4yrs old. No issue with gas as there is plenty when working on hi setting. FGA hi & lo both 9.3% Co2 Exactly, Cleaned out condensate trap, just in case and also checked the sump is clear. Whilst there you could hear the boiler attempt to light, on some occasions 1st attempt others 3rd or it would fail to detect the flame all together and F1 ---- I though I'd cured it as the connection to the spark gen was loose, however it came back today F1 again ... :sad_smile:

My next step is to renew the spark electrode but it's a mare to get at! Horrible boiler to work on !!!!! Anyone worked on these with a similar problem? This is the first I've had to get involved with regards ignition/detection and I'm not looking forward to removing the burner ..... :veryangry2:

Any advice would be appreciated .... :)

Have change quite a few electrodes on these, they are not a continuous metal electrode and the joints seem to fail. Have also had a couple of the ignition leads fail also.

They are not too bad to get to, once the front flue section is removed a 8mm socket for the rear nut and out it comes.

Cheers Roger ... Have you changed the electrodes because of the fault mentioned Intermitent F1-F4? Just to clarify :) I'm gonna invest in a socket set just for this boiler, have gotten away without for 30yrs but this boiler needs them to ease removal of the burner! ... Is there any need to take out and check the burner, and if so is it wise to have a gasket handy or do they stay intact? I had the fan out then gave up because Spanners were useless :(

Yup, start off with intermittent F1-4 faults before they fail completely. I tend to whip the burner off and give the heat exchanger a clean whilst i'm in there, haven't had to replace the burner joint jet but may have just been lucky.

I just have a small 1/4" drive socket set for little jobs like this, and a 'screwdriver' with attachment to take the sockets and a couple of extensions. Doesn't get used that often, but is handy every now and then.

Thought of doing exactly the same regards cleaning the heatex :) Thanks a lot for the advice Roger, most apreciated. I'll let you know how i get on if I can get me an electrode Monday:biggrin:

deffo the spark electrode mate.had 1 the other week with same symptoms ,theres a diagnostic menu u can enter on the boiler by holding the "menu and + i think cant remember tbh but itl tell you in the mi .the 1 i went to had 83 ignition failures lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mak .... I noticed that when i got home, regards the internal log on the pcb and was gonna have a play with that too when I get back to the job. One thing I tend to do when comming across something new, time permitting, is familiarise myself with how they're all put together etc. 1st impressions of how this is lumped together isn't favourable I must say!

Diamondgas if you have a Machine Mart near you they do a nice Makita 91 piece gas service engineers kit for ÂŁ60 ideal for these jobs

Cheers hydrotherm ... Was in B&Q Sunday and spotted something worthy of the job! Part is on order so tomorrow I'll be strippin it out! I haven't read the mi's regards cleaning the heatex ... Is it a matter of pouring warm water down as with the Isar etc?

I generally have a bit of a poke around with a cleaning blade to loosen off the worst and then rinse it off with some water.

i find them to be a bit on the fat side, especially when new i have one with a bit of sand paper on either side that is quite handy

i find them to be a bit on the fat side, especially when new i have one with a bit of sand paper on either side that is quite handy

Now where do you pick something like that up from Roger? My 'brush' is a remnant from my BG days :)

One new electrode fitted today .... As you said Roger the top part of the electrode just came away when i touched it!! Thanks very much for the assistance chaps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexicom 24CX intermittent F1-F4 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi folks, got to do some serious messing with one of these today and am not impressed.. What a horible boiler to work on. Job was intermittent...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock