Discuss Flexi Pipes Or Copper Tails For Mono Basin Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to fit a Deva Evolution Tall Mono Basin Mixer Chrome - EVO113EX. It has come supplied with flexi pipes but would like some advice on whether it would be better to replace these with copper tails.

I colleague of mine as had an instance of a flexi pipe bursting and flooding his downstairs bathoom so am trying to limit any chances of problems where I can.

I am sure there will be mixed views on this one but would be interested in your comments nevertheless.

Thanks,

Daz

i would fit what was supplied with the taps. you friend's flexi might have burst because it was kinked at sometime and weakened the wall.

Hi I agree If you are not a plumber and the pipes do not align with the taps it can be a pig to pipe. The leaks usually occur if the internal core of the stainless steel flexi gets twisted on tighting up as it is only rubber/neoprene. Unfortunately you do not see the damage until it is too late

copper tails can be murder to line up flexi are easy but you cant pinch em if you got tails with your taps use them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flexi Pipes Or Copper Tails For Mono Basin Tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock