Discuss Fixing loose shower drain in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I am concerned about the shower drain body in this picture being loose. I can move the metal ring visible in the picture left and right freely with my hand.

My question is whether there is way to fix this from above without having to access the drainassembly from below the shower tray. There does not seem to be an access panel and I wish to avoid having to knock down the tiles.

Just wanted to mention that this is my first post. I have little if any plumbing knowledge and will appreciate your patience and any assistance you can give.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20230717_125740.jpg
    20230717_125740.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 11
Yea not good

You could try and tighten it by turning the top but likely hood it’s snapped

Reply to Fixing loose shower drain in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock