Discuss Fixing cistern with no screw holes to the wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frenchy316

Hi Guys. I have to secure a 'wobbly' toilet cistern to the wall, only it has no existing screw holes? and I wondered what would be the best way to secure this? I have heard of people using a basin bracket? or sealant near to the top of the cistern? Thanks in advance

If I have n a cistern with no hole I just put 2 small blobs of silcone at the top of the cistern and push the cistern back on to it.
don't put to much back there, remember you may have to go back and take it off again!!

Cheers for now.

As ^^^^
Or 2 beads across the top of the cistern just below the lid, so you can get a knife in if needed to cut it out at another time.

It's amazing how well it holds, when you don't want it to..

Unlike some Berkley that I attended and had nicely pasted silicone all over the back :mad2:

Dunno why people do it. Everything in this place was siliconed hate hate hate it

Find an excuse to change the flush valve to a servicible one if you have to mastic the back!

and the fill valve if it isn't accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fixing cistern with no screw holes to the wall? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and...
Replies
Views
I have a vanity basin and concealed cistern toilet to install. In place if a wall hung basin and toilet in a down stairs cloak room. The only...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I...
Replies
Views
I’m experimenting with the installation of a floating countertop / basin. At the top of the picture are the brackets I’m considering using. Below...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock