Discuss Fitting Mcalpine waste trap in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Am replacing a rubbishy old waste trap and have bought the McAlpine 1.5-2 sink kit with 40mm pipes. Problem is that the end which connects to the outside pipe is neither in line with it nor close to it (several cm away). What can I use to connect it - I was looking at the McAlpine FLEXCON4 connector which says it connects 40 (1.5in) to BS5255 - does this mean it would or wouldn't connect to the end of the kit? If not what else would anyone recommened for connecting it?

Thanks

Just use a coupling and pipe and re do the waste to the new trap

Reply to Fitting Mcalpine waste trap in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
In my last posting, I requested assistance in exchanging a waste that had been fitted using silicone, without actually removing the basin. Mission...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
Back