Discuss First Gas Safe Inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Very informal, just chatted about where I’d worked and jobs i’d done, a few bits of tech talk and that was about it.
I got the feeling that I was being grilled, and as long as I said the right things in the right lingo, it was ok for him, never even got my tools out.
Let’s face it, I could teach my 6 y/o son to gas rate an appliance and do a tightness test, that’s the easy bit.
Just take it all in your stride pal. :)

There is nothing to worry about they understand that your nervous and really put you at ease.
When I had mine it was just chat a few questions that you should know then he watched me commission a boiler that I’d just installed

Very informal, just chatted about where I’d worked and jobs i’d done, a few bits of tech talk and that was about it.
I got the feeling that I was being grilled, and as long as I said the right things in the right lingo, it was ok for him, never even got my tools out.
Let’s face it, I could teach my 6 y/o son to gas rate an appliance and do a tightness test, that’s the easy bit.
Just take it all in your stride pal. :)
Yet many people get both wrong.

Ok thanks. Hopefully you re right!

Is he likely to ask me to do bits at my boiler where I live? It’s a Suprima and I’ve never done anything on older boilers, as usually just out new ones in. Will have to read up on it if so

Ok thanks. Hopefully you re right!

Is he likely to ask me to do bits at my boiler where I live? It’s a Suprima and I’ve never done anything on older boilers, as usually just out new ones in. Will have to read up on it if so

You might be over thinking this a bit which is understandable but don't worry. Whoever comes will have been in your shoes. They are human just like you. The ones I met over the years have all been ex-engineers. If they can tell you are conscientious (and going off this post you probably are) they should be happy. If you are unsure of anything then ask the question. Good luck.

Well I at least try to be. You might be right about overthinking this as I am definitely a worrier when it comes to exams etc. I can panic about the simplest of things in an exam situation. I expect if he asks me to do a tightness test I’ll be shaking and dropping the test nipper cap etc.

Just wondered if there were any particular areas they will definitely ask. I assumed tightness testing, gas rating maybe clearances etc. I wasn’t sure on certain things like Se or U ducts were going to come in or ducts in series anything like that as it’s not stuff Ive done bar the classroom

It would be s good idea to know your way around your own appliances

They will also want to look at your paperwork, warning pads, FGA calibration

Reply to First Gas Safe Inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock