Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli system boiler woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 9 year old optimax HE25s boiler which heats the hot water but can't cope with the CH. The problems started about 3 weeks ago when we started seeing d2 in the display a lot. At that time the rads furthest from the boiler failed to heat up at all! When the boiler came on it heated to 90 degrees and changed to d2 for some time. This repeats itself all the time.
I think the boiler's at fault.
Had British Gas in and they say its sludge in the system causing this and I need a powerflush which they'll do for £850 !!!
I can tell some rads have sludge by their cold spots.
Be grateful for some informed opinions.

Get them to change the pump first

You can get a power flush for under half that , ridiculous price

D2 means the boiler has reached its set temperature this will disappear once the boiler stat senses that it’s dropped below the desired set temperature at the boiler.As for being told it needs a flush..pump needs to be changed,zone valve inspected/changed. BG quoting a flush should only be done once general issues/components with circulation have been thoroughly checked.Ask for a second opinion from another engineer,that’s what you pay your money for(if your under one of their contracts)

Out of interest,what did the BG engineer check on their visit?

Prob not a lot as per usual.

Got lady customer locally with boiler & rad system servicing under contract by BG since new & it now has circulation issues, lack of to x2 rads.

Again they had a quick look & quoted a stupid price to powerflush (3 -4hrs apparently).

I know her from previous non related work so suggested i would sort for about 1/2 price but made aware that system may have seeps/leaks from valves (15yr old install) requiring new trv/ls & would have a new mag filter fitted also.

speak to your local engineers first, BG big co big prices.............

We have a 9 year old optimax HE25s boiler which heats the hot water but can't cope with the CH. The problems started about 3 weeks ago when we started seeing d2 in the display a lot. At that time the rads furthest from the boiler failed to heat up at all! When the boiler came on it heated to 90 degrees and changed to d2 for some time. This repeats itself all the time.
I think the boiler's at fault.
Had British Gas in and they say its sludge in the system causing this and I need a powerflush which they'll do for £850 !!!
I can tell some rads have sludge by their cold spots.
Be grateful for some informed opinions.

BG up to their old power flush tricks again

I hope you've got it sorted. I had a Ferroli boiler about 4 years ago. When it worked it was great but it broke down a lot.
You've done well to get 9 years out of that one.

Reactions: pip
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli system boiler woes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock