Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Optimax HE31 C - No hot water or heating - no error code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lightdream

Hi all,

Unfortunately this is yet another Ferroli problem! We've had a few problems in the past with this but thankfully we've always been able to solve them through advice from forums. Previous problems and solutions are listed below:

1. The boiler does nothing but display 'noCa' on the display. Solved by a sharp tap on the bottom left of the display panel plastic.

2. The boiler was providing hot water but no central heating. Solved by opening the casing and giving a few sharp taps on the diverter valve.

After working for a while with no problems, the boiler is now failing to provide hot water or heating. There is no error code and the water pressure is fine. Yesterday, we got a Gas engineer to look at it and he said that the fan and pump both appear to be working but it didn't seem to be igniting, so he would try to replace the ignition equipment. Although to be honest, he seemed a little unsure, so I have have a few questions I was hoping someone could help with:

1. So we know what to expect in terms of price, could someone please confirm that he means by ignition equipment please? Is he referring to a Ignition Spark and Flame sensor Electrode kit (saw one of those on Amazon for around £27). If so, any ideas how much labour he might charge for the job?

2. After doing a bit of research, I found a video on Youtube that shows similar symptoms to the one's our boiler is exhibiting. In the video description, they put it down to a failure of a relay circuit. Does this ring true with anyone? I looked at a price for a new PCB, and at £200+, i've told my parents that they'd be better off getting a new, decent boiler (the engineer recommended Baxi, although I have a Worcestor Greenstar 25si at my flat and have never had any issues with that). The video is shown below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUpBBzU_JgA

3. The fan seems to be whirring whether there is demand or not. Another forum suggested that it may just be a faulty fan. Does anyone agree?

4. A plumber friend of mine (but not gas engineer) suggested that it could be an airlock or a problem with the air pressure switch. I haven't got a clue what he's talking about but i'll pass this onto our gas engineer. Has anyone solved the problem using something along this route?

The reason i'm asking all these questions is that i'm trying to use your guys experience to help narrow down the fault. I'm getting the impression that the engineer is going to try replacing a number of things and it could end up costly (in which case, we'd be better off just installing a decent boiler). Has anyone encountered this particular problem before please and if so, what was the solution please?

Thank you in anticipation.

We cannot and will not give advice on the installation or repair of boilers, cookers or ANY gas appliances for your own safety.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a PM (Private Message) with your gsr details to either Gas man - View Profile: gas man - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK or Redsaw - View Profile: REDSAW - Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK who will check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Providing gas-related advice to anybody who should not be touching gas and cannot prove their competence is unacceptable. We will take whatever action we deem appropriate to prevent such advice being given

Thank you.

UKPF TA's, Mods and Admin teams.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Optimax HE31 C - No hot water or heating - no error code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock