Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Optimax HE 39C Intermittent Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

janine

Hi,
Could anyone give me some advice or information please? My mother (age 79 and living alone) has a 6(?) year old Ferroli Optimax HE 39C condensing boiler which is serviced annually. Over the years it has given a lot of trouble but as my father dealt with it while he was still alive, I don't know much about when happened in the past. A few weeks ago the boiler would not start up at the usual time in the morning - not heat or hot water. There was no fault code showing. I was there at the time and tried every option in the manual (reset etc) including some extra ones my dad had written down when he was alive. Nothing worked and we called out Homeserve. The boiler started of its own accord just before the engineer arrived and he said that as it was working, he would not be able to identify the problem and couldn't help.
The same thing happened again a couple of weeks later and this time the engineer pressed the reset and the boiler started. It had been pressed before for varying lengths of time with no success. The engineer said that it was an intermittent fault and as it was now working he could do nothing.
This morning the same thing happened and there is no heat or hot water. The engineer will turn up today or tomorrow, by which time the boiler will have started and the engineer won't be able to help.
Any suggestions (other than putting a hammer through the dratted thing) please?
Thank you
Janine

sharp bang on bottom left of the boiler cabinet, done once or twice normally rectifies the fault, otherwise dont they have a 7 year warranty? or is that the latest ones. ferrolli will do a callout at a set price and if your in the sw the technician is a good lad who knows his stuff.

part fm that the rules prohibit any advice on boilers relating to their repair

You gave yourself the answer with the hammer :lol:
Hmm - why do I just know that you are so right. The hammer should be given to the swine who sold the boiler to my parents in the first place.

Hi,
I'll try this tomorrow when I go through and see her. We are in the North East so no chance of seeing your bloke, but I have no problem with the engineers who have been out already. Just checking (I am totally clueless about boilers) - you are serious about giving it a whack? Do you mean on the front or underneath please?
Thanks a million
Janine

front left corner, gets a dodgy relay going sometimes, as reccommended by ferrolli tech line :)

Lots of Top NE guys on here that could possibly check it out too :)

Free visit ( you mom will need to make a cuppa)

I'm in Newcastle upon Tyne if any help?

Hi,
Thanks for the gen, if the engineer doesn't sort it or I get there first, I'll have a go and it will be the first thing to do the next time. You're a star, thanks.
Janine

I bet there is! How did I get by before I found this forum, eh?
Thank you
Janine

Hi Ermintrude,
I can't believe there are so many people willing to help! I don't want to mess the engineer about who is already booked, but thanks for the offer and I really do appreciate it. We would definitely pay you any way. I don't know the rules for the forum and don't know if this is allowed but are you interested in servicing a Worcester Bosch combi (pre condensing era) 6 miles above Morpeth? Nothing wrong with it, so it could wait until you aren't busy.
Thanks a lot, Janine

Hi Ermintrude,
I can't believe there are so many people willing to help! I don't want to mess the engineer about who is already booked, but thanks for the offer and I really do appreciate it. We would definitely pay you any way. I don't know the rules for the forum and don't know if this is allowed but are you interested in servicing a Worcester Bosch combi (pre condensing era) 6 miles above Morpeth? Nothing wrong with it, so it could wait until you aren't busy.
Thanks a lot, Janine

Sure . Just pm me your details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Optimax HE 39C Intermittent Fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock