Discuss Ferroli Optimax HE 31 C No Central Heating but Hot Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Walter

Hi,

I have a Ferroli Optimax HE 31 C. I had it fitted approx 18 months ago in a house I rented out. I have recently moved back in and having some problems...The hot water works fine, I can test the boiler by pressing the two buttons which set the radiator temperature and the boiler fires up for approx 10 minutes and all the radiators get hot...However I cannot get the heating to come on either by the timer or by just setting it to on.

I have a remote thermostat which seems to be working ok, when I turn it up the green light on the receiver at the boiler turns on...when I turn it down the green light goes off.

Any suggestions?

The boiler is still under warranty but thought I would ask incase I was doing something stupid...

Any help would be gratefully received.

try read the manual to set your time ,and as it is Ferroli you will have a hard time with it (sorry just been honest)

Hi! A couple of things to check. Sometimes the remote room stats talk to each other fine, but the internal volt-free latch doesnt make, try linking out the room stat terminals and see if that brings the heating on.

With reference to the hot water, it sounds like one of 2 things, when you run the hot tap, does the tap sign on the front of screen flash? If it does and the boiler fires, then the flow sensor is ok. If it doesnt fire, then the flow switch is at fault.

So... if the boiler fires, but you have no hot water, the diverter valve will be stuck, you can check this by feeling if the ch flow pipe (The one on the left) is getting hot rather than the hot water pipe, then its broken!

Hope this helps!!

Chris

I just bought a house with one of these "splendid" boilers
after a couple of hours messing with everything I found that you simply need to press the <>> button top right in the timer circle. It will then say ON

Joke as I had the boiler apart and checked the 5v on the switch to the rf receiver etc etc

Nothing in the manual, may help others with the same problem

timers fitted to these boilers are over complicated - fitted one 3 years ago in my sisters house as she was selling it and wanted a cheap boiler - never got my head around that timer the biasi one is not much better

Brilliant advice! Pressed the <>> button on top right of timer buttons ................. and I now have my CH back. No idea why it went off, it has been working fine for the past year. But it seems to be working ok now.
I would advise anyone to try this simple check first.
Simples!!

You switched it to summer mode when you pressed the buttons,you've now set it back to winter a snowflake will now be visable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Optimax HE 31 C No Central Heating but Hot Water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back